Monday, July 25, 2005

My first trip to Sinhagad

Yesterday I had gone to Sinhagad with my friends. This was my first trip to the fort.

Saturday we friends decided to go on trek and Sinhagad was finalized. Morning 8 O’ Clock we all assembled at our office. And then start for Sinhagad. We reached the base at 9 O‘Clock and started the ascending the hill to reach the fort. The atmosphere was very cool, breeze and romantic. When we had scaled 20% of the hill I was exhausted and from there on I was stopping for a minute and move on. When we had scaled 50% of the hill my lungs where screaming for air for ever ten steps I was stopping and doing a minute of deep breathing exercise and then start moving. At last after a grueling 1 hr climb for me I reached the fort.

After reaching the fort we had lemon juice and had a few minutes rest then up in the fort. After some site seeing we ordered kekda bhaji (onion bhaji) and tea. After this we moved for more sight seeing we went to the wind point and few more places. We circled the whole fort then after having one more round of lemon juice we started the descend. After descending 20% we rested for 10 mins and started the descend again. Then after descending 50% we had a tak (Butter milk) then started the descend again then reached the base at around 2:30 pm then had wada pav and coca cola. Then started back to our house. This was a very memorable trip for me. I will not forget this trip as this was my first trip to Sinhagad and also with my friend who is leaving for his higger to US. I wish him my best luck for his higher studies.

For further information and history refer the following URL
http://www.virtualpune.com/html/localguide/tourist_attractions/html/sinhagad.shtml

Feel free to post your comment on this post.


3 comments:

Wasim said...

Yes, definately it was a memorable trip. With the cool wind blowing and couple of showers of rain in between made the climate so awesome. And by the way, I doubt if you have taken a note of what we eat at each halt, bcoz it is absolutely correct.

Natty said...

Yes definitely it was a memorable trip. Even the pain next day was also sweet as we had successfull completed the trekking without any untoward incident (touch wood).

Sudeep said...

Good tht u came to office the next day.. Sinhagad first-timers don't get up frm bed for the next 2 days... lol